This project is a part of a five country regional programme in South Asia that seeks to support regional cooperation through knowledge sharing and development... » read more
» view details...
Municipalities Under Implementation
Selected municipalities for the project implementation: The Project Appraisal Committee has approved the following municipalities to be covered under this project.
- Central Region: Hetauda Municipality
- Eastern Region: Biratnagar Sub-Metropolis
- Western Region : Pokhara Sub-Metropolis(including the transferring of the technology to the technical staff of the adjoining Lekhanath municipality)
- Mid-western region : Birendranagar Municipality
- Far-western Region: Dhangadhi Municipality
Municipality Selection Criteria
Following are the criteria for selection of municipalities:
- Municipality located in high vulnerability zone from a seismological perspective
- Municipality with higher total and density of population and faster urban growth
- Municipality possessing demonstrative effect for replicability of the project results
- the capacity of the selected municipality to institutionalize the knowledge gained from the project
- Preferably, one municipality from each of the development region to balance the geographical coverage